Thursday, August 6, 2009

God is in the rain.

Yesterday I imagined life differently for a few moments. I closed my eyes, breathed in deep and immersed myself in a world that I knew that I'd never be a part of. I thought about life in paint brushes and canvases. I dreamed of pursuing my words to pieces of paper. I dreamt. And then I woke up. Do you know what its like to wake up, and yet feel like you still didn't get enough if what you needed while you were dreaming. Yeah, I know!

I challenge myself to pursue my dreams, but I know there are God dreams, and there's my dreams. Gifts and passions God has placed inside of me... to, I think, enjoy life a little bit more. To sit down and capture His sunset onto paper, or write about His stars that shine so clearly above me in the night. It hit me yesterday how lucky and blessed He has made me because He's given me the ability to capture something that others might not even take the time to see.

I just want to write it all down, and dream big, but someone very special to me reminded me of something powerful; until you put feet to your dreams, that's all they'll ever be. It's shaken me a bit, I must say... because although my head is here on earth, more often than not I am found dreaming. Head in clouds, and not wanting to come down. Today I think the plane landed, and I'd rather run than fly.

Here goes nothing.

Today I heard a song that I haven't heard in years, and it took me back... and reminded me of how I feel in these moments. I breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment